Monday, January 21, 2008

Welcome to "Grape Beginnings"!!

We've developed this blog as a tribute to outstanding wine and wine values under $20. If you enjoy wine, then you've truly found the right community of wine lovers to discuss your great experiences. Our guiding principle is very simple; we believe that wine is much more than vineyards, values and vintages. On the contrary, wine is a Lifestyle!! So...keeping our guiding principle in mind, we hope to hear from you soon. The foods you paired with wine, the vacations that you took and enjoyed a great bottle of wine, the bottle of wine you ordered with that steak after 18 holes at your favorite golf course, the party you threw and the wine you enjoyed with friends, family and loved ones. Our site is a celebration of sorts...a celebration of great wine under $20 and the moments we all share centered around food, wine, family and friends. We're excited you've joined us and we look forward to many "Grape Beginnings"!!



Cheers,

Crixenauf



P.S. "Crixenauf" is a quick link to youtube.com where you can share more great stories about awesome wines under $20.

7 comments:

Rosa & Erika said...

What a great idea for a blog! My favorite wine under $20: Fisheye's Chardonnay.

Daniela said...

I recently attended a gallery opening where the Fisheye chardonnay was served. It was crisp and refreshing very much like Kendal Jackson but a lot less money.

Crixenauf (www.youtube.com) said...

Sounds like a nice compliment with some scallops or seafood. I know it's cliche, and we are getting away from rules about "Reds with meat and whites with fish/poultry"...but I love a crisper Chardonnay with a great shellfish or seafood dish.

Here's a great recipe that combines artichoke hearts and scallops...delicious. Check it out!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food
/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_22131,00.html

Crixenauf

Lisa and Chris said...

My wife and I were just at a great wine tasting event at the Twisted Vine in Fairfield, CT. Actually by this great gal Sandra "The Wine Chick" Too funny. Check them out, they make buying wine easy and fun. (twistedvinefairfield.com)
We sampled about 5 wines under $20. Each of the wines we tasted was incredible. (OK - I like most wines, so I am not the best Judge!?)
Here is the list:
- Hayman & Hill: 2006 Russian River Chardonnay - $14
- Castle Rock: 2006 Pinot Noir - $15
- Merum: 2005 Monastrell - $12
- Stevenot: 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon - $11
- Clos De Los Siete: 2006 - $19

My Favorite was the Castle Rock Pinot Noir. I just started drinking Pinot Noir. I know I am behind the times, but friends of ours just shared a great bottle with us and we got hooked.
Enjoy!

Kevin said...

Thanks for the blog, great idea. I can't really say I have a favorite wine under $20, I actually haven't found a wine I don't like under $20.

I will continue to read the latest postings.

port said...

Guys, great name for a Blog. I am a big fan of going to a wine shop and searching for value in a bottle. About a month ago I came upon a 2005 Hopper Creek Cabernet (california) for $12. It is the best Cabernet I have ever tasted. I enjoyed it so much I purchased 2 cases. I recently spent some time with Brian and his family and shared a glass or 4 with him and Brian, I think you would agree. I highly recommend Hopper Creek Cabernet. Enjoy!! Todd and Peggy

Tu Hermana said...

I'm a fan of the Chilean reds. Los Vascos Cabarnet is a great bottle for $9!!